Hi, I’m Alec! I am a recent graduate at the University of Michigan, graduating in Communication and Media Studies, with a minor in Digital Studies. Additionally, I have completed the Cappo Sales and Marketing Track, through the Ross School of Business. I plan on pursuing a career in marketing or social media management. I believe that these areas are rising career pathways with lots of opportunities to be innovative and strategic, which are two traits that stand out to me in this area.
Outside of these fields, my interests include, photography, videography, and graphic design. I am a former Managing Video Editor of The Michigan Daily, a student-run daily newspaper at the University of Michigan. In this role I had the opportunity to showcase my skills through a creative outlet as well as collaborate with other sections of the paper on larger-scale projects.
I have been fortunate enough to do freelance work in photography and videography. This work includes the Detroit Free Press, Princeton Enterprises, UM Hoops.com, the Toledo Blade, Innovate Blue Magazine, the Surnow Company, as well as other publications/organizations.
Please enjoy looking through my portfolio, and feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries you may have. Thank you!
Skills & Experience
- Graphic Design (Adobe InDesign & Photoshop)
- Photography (Nikon & Canon)
- Photo Editing/Organization (Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom, Photo Mechanic)
- Video Production (Nikon & Lumix)
- Video Editing (Adobe Premiere Pro & Final Cut Pro X)
- Google Analytics (course certified)
- Social Media Management Platforms (Hootsuite, Facebook Scheduler, & Later)
- Facebook Business/Advertisements